JAMB Admission Status checking for the 2021/2022 session is online now at www.jamb.org.ng (UTME and Direct Entry candidates). We informed you that the JAMB portal for checking admission status will be uploaded online for candidates to check. Now it is available for all 2021 and past JAMB UTME candidates.
LATEST: JAMB Admission Offer Acceptance/Rejection Deadline Set
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has approved and successfully uploaded lists of candidates admitted for the 2020/2021 academic session. Remember that you can check for years before 2021 and 2021 too.
JAMB Admission Status/List checking portal › Will you like to confirm whether you have been offered admission into the university/polytechnic/colleges/other tertiary institution of choice on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal? If yes, check below for the procedure to confirm your admission status with JAMB for FREE!
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) management has activated the portal where Direct Entry and UTME candidates can now check or confirm their admission status for all years. Checking of admission status on the JAMB portal is totally FREE!
As a matter of fact, some universities/polytechnics/colleges may not even publish their admission list on their own portal or notice board on time. For candidates that applied for admission in such schools, the only way to know when they have been offered admission is to check their admission status on the JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status
In case you don’t have an account with JAMB (especially candidates from 2020 downward), you will have to create one to check your admission status. RECOMMENDED: How to Create a JAMB Account.
If you already have a JAMB profile, jump to the five (5) simple steps outlined below on how to check your admission status on the JAMB Admission List portal:
- STEP 1: Go to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal – portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- STEP 2: Log in to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- STEP 3: After a successful login, scroll down, then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- STEP 4: Select your Exam year and supply your registration number in the required columns.
- STEP 5: Finally, click on the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button to access your JAMB admission status.
Below is the list of responses you will get from JAMB and their meaning:
- CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE BEEN OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSION: you can now proceed to ACCEPT or Reject the admission offer. Consider the advice HERE.
- ADMISSION IN PROGRESS: this means you have been recommended for admission and only undergoing processing. With admission in progress, consider yourself admitted. Just keep checking back and see the notification change to congratulations you have been admitted.
- NOT ADMITTED: this response simply means you are yet to be considered for admission. Regularly check the JAMB site to see if any changes occur. However, you can also consider the advice available HERE.
Next Step for Candidates Admitted on JAMB Portal
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission.
Recommended: How to Reject/Accept Your Admission on JAMB CAPS.
- Print their JAMB admission letter after accepting the admission. This will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal in case they are offered courses different from the ones they initially applied for.
What to do if Your JAMB Admission Status shows ‘Not Yet Admitted’
Not Yet admitted? If yes, please take note of the following:
1. Login into JAMB CAPS to verify your O’level result upload.
It’s important to verify whether your O’level result has been uploaded on the JAMB portal or not. As failure to upload your O’level result can affect your JAMB admission status.
- Log-in to your JAMB profile (https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/)
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
- Click on ‘Access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘My O’level’ to confirm if your O’level is uploaded. If not visit any nearby accredited JAMB CBT centre to upload your O’level result. Admission cannot be processed for candidates whose O’level status in CAPS indicates ‘Awaiting Result’.
2. Check if you have been recommended for transfer to another program.
Based on the JAMB CAPS implementation policy, institutions have the right to consider some candidates for transfer from the choice programme to another programme because of UTME and O’level combinations.
Candidates are expected to monitor their admission by following the instructions a-c above, then click the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to know if they are recommended for transfer to another program. You are required to either accept or reject, this transfer consideration. If you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you to the new program. If you reject, you will remain in your preferred Course / Program. The program transfer will not be affected.
3. You applied for the JAMB UTME with awaiting result.
Candidates who used ‘awaiting result’ during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will process their admission. Direct-entry candidates including JUPEB students should also upload their A’level and O’level results to avoid disqualification. This is to enable the screening officers to determine their qualifications for admission. Recommended: How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB Portal / Profile.